Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fresh Salmon all Summer


My favorite main course has long been salmon..... and I'm happy to report that supposedly it's good for you. So imagine how delighted I am to have an entire freezer filled with this fresh treat. Allen's been out on two charter salmon fishing trips -- both in the early evening over on Lake Michigan. Last night he and his Uncle John each caught their limit: 4 fish for each. They brought home another 50 pounds of cleaned fillets to add to the stockpile in the freezer. Now that's a lot of salmon! Hope that we don't tire of this delicacy. We are now the pleased owners of a new food saver, vacuum-seal contraption. (I would highly recommend it to all fishing people.) We'll be able to enjoy our personally-caught, yummy salmon for months to come, perhaps seasons to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...