Sunday, September 7, 2008

Flying Pigs Gallery, Algoma




After all of these years we finally made a field trip to Algoma to the notorious "Flying Pig" gallery and gardens. The gallery features 'outsider' art -- and newcomers. They asked that we not take pictures of any of the artwork. I decided that the wall decorations in the restroom were exempt from that decree. I loved the quotes and their unique, bright presentation. The artwork was so-much-fun and seriously inspirational. I was wild about one assemblage that had approximately 13,289 buttons, strings-of-beads, paint brushes, wooden spoons and other bric a' brac brought together in the form of an immense flower.... that featured a clock in the center. We got some VERY healthy perennials for our little yard, too. Well worth the trip!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...