Sunday, January 25, 2009

Customizing Closets


The architect's renderings for our little house called for a corner, sunken jaccuzi tub in our master bath and a regular-sized shower set off by itself in it's own little room-ette, behind sliding doors. From the very beginning, we decided that we'd rather have a super shower and no tub. So we had them switch that out, right from the beginning. Wellllllllll....... after we spent the couple of nights sleeping in the walk-in closet I had a 'brainstorm' on the long drive north to Ohio. It dawned on me that space was highly functional. Well before we'd arrived back here I'd gotten my head all wrapped around using the walk-in as my STUDIO!!
Well that just left the question of what to do with our clothes. LOL.
Then the obvious answer presented itself: use the empty, originally for the shower space, as the actual closet -- rather than for 'extra storage' that we'd initially envisioned. With just a little bit of arm twisting I convinced Allen of all of the merits of this idea. He worked diligently this weekend and with hacksaw in hand created the customized closet above..... and there really is plenty, plenty of space for what we'll have here. So everyone is completely happy. When we get the studio space put together I'll show you how it ended up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...