Sunday, July 19, 2009

Plein Air Week Begins




Today begins Door County's annual Plein Air celebration of the arts. There are 40 invited, nationally recognized artists who have committed to painting thru out our county for the week. I knew that. I'd picked up the 68 page, full color program of events, the other night at the Hardy Gallery (Old Anderson Dock.) I'd had a chance to flip quickly thru the outline of events & was psyched to be here for the first time.

This morning as is my routine...... I got out my bike and started out for the day. I was talking to myself -- let's clock some serious miles, no stopping to take pictures, just pedal. Keep pedaling. Well, I made it 7.5 miles without so much as a pause. Then as I was traveling east on ZZ I noticed a white car pulled off to the side of the road at 'my' blue barn, sitting in the amazing field of rolling golden wheat. As I got closer I saw the artist perched at the field's edge. I realized at that moment that it was indeed Plein Air week.

So I pedaled over and ended up having the greatest conversation with Sandra Davison. I will add her website just as soon as I post this entry. This week is her first official participation in the Peninsula School of Art festival. She's one of the top forty!! She is also giving an hour lecture on "History of Pastels" this Thursday afternoon. Our conversation was bobbin' & weavin' around the various topics of self-promotion, arts galleries here in Door County, marketing and local scenic spots of interest. I have thrown out a sincere invitation to Sandra to make use of our 'bed-n-breakfast' whenever she's able to prioritize time here. Our meeting is one of a series of serendipitous encounters that color my evolution.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...