Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gifted & Talented Maple Tree





Yesterday, August 26th, I get a late start for my bike ride, leaving home base after high noon. The sky is blue, the weather is gorgeous, there's a slight breeze -- all is well with the world. It's been a while since I've ridden into Ellison Bay so I head in that direction. Up my hills, down my hills. WHOOOOOAAAAAAA my hat flies off my head with that slight breeze. First time all summer. Stop to retrieve it. Now I'm really reveling in the blue of the sky. (I just love the skies up here..... long term readers are aware of my joy over these skies.)

Now that I'm stopped I might as well have some cold water, and WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAA, now it's time to retrieve my camera from my bike's little travel pouch. For the first nine miles of my ride every tree I've passed has been green: shades of green yes, but totally & completely green. And with no explanation what-so-ever, here is a maple tree that has fringes of fall color: on August 26th! What's that all about? 99.97% of the forest is still completely green and I've located the first evidence of fall. So I've determined that this tree is indeed: "gifted & talented." What other conclusion could be reached? It's ahead of the pack, but prophetic all at the same time. It won't be long now, sigh.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow~! I'm really becoming a fan now~~like I wasn't before! LOL I love your photography and writing. Heck, I can't think of anything I don't like about you! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...