Monday, September 7, 2009

Just a Few More Daisies




Today was the day! I've been plotting & planning this excursion all summer.... building up endurance week after week. Allen was off on his annual ALL day golf outing..... so I had the entire day for this adventure. I've been wanting to set a new personal high-total of miles for riding my bike on one day. At the end of my first summer of cycling (which was right after I'd finished my 36 trips to the hospital for my radiation treatment) I rode 50 miles in one day -- in honor of being fifty years old. Today's goal was to clock in fifty-TWO miles, now that I'm a happy 52 years old. You do the math. The older I get -- the more miles I have to ride to finish the season. Yikes. What have I begun?

I couldn't start as early as I'd hoped, because the whole peninsula was fogged into one great big ball of cotton. I had to wait till mid-morning, till it burned off and the sky cleared. My first leg went about 11 miles & then I took a break @ Gordon's Lodge to capture these last daisies. I keep thinking I've found the final daisies of the season and then am just completely delighted all over again. It was a lovely little break in the action. AND I got more daisies!! I just LOVE being on a daisy safari.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...