Friday, November 13, 2009

Road Trip: Basket Case




One of the fun things about invitations to travel are the sights along the road. Yesterday was a scrumptious one. Yummy in every way: Blue skies. Glistening ponds nestled in the landscape. Golden sheafs of corn chasing the rolling hills. Seriously red barns. Delightful driving day. Traveling east on Route 16, one of the most unique edifices found anywhere is the Longaberger Corporate Office. Even though I 'know' that it's there -- it still catches me by surprise every time I pull up over that slight crest in the road. Hmmmmm. Exactly how many stories is this office building with handles??? Since I could pull over safely, I thought you'd get a kick out of our midwestern homespun architecture. (Where those slats of the basket are 'woven' together, are the windows.... take a close look!)

I then went further east and eventually made my way to their 'Homestead' ultra-gift shop. I think the third picture of the basket of apples is new..... at least I've never noticed it in the past. Not nearly as overwhelmingly enormous as the corporate basket, but taller than the lightpost -- and the apples were such a lovely seasonal touch. A little retail distraction is a good thing, especially when you're a 'basket case.' That's a pretty TALL giraffe and brought a smile to my face. Next up, Echoing Hills Camp.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...