Thursday, May 13, 2010

WACKY Wednesday!!








They took my breath away!! Keep in mind that's a hard thing to do. We've been talking about my coming to Joyce's Head Start center for several years, now. Maybe longer. We got earnest in our conversation at NAEYC back last November in DC. I remember us discussing budgets, calendars & other logistics as we got the green light, in a cross-walk outside of the convention center. We were earnest this time & determined to pull it off. Little did I realize what whole-hearted nonsense they were plotting during these intervening months.

They had declared my visit to be "Wacky Wednesday" and had sent notes to all the parents to have their children dress in as zany & madcap a style as possible. Blue jeans were inside out. Lots of children wore mis-matched socks and or shoes, or both. The hair styles were often radical, unique and original (sometimes BLUE!) all rolled into one. There were funny hats. You name it -- the wackier the better. Take a look at just a few of the staff people that I managed to capture. The attention to detail was delightful. With all of their festive wear, I felt somewhat under dressed for my own arrival, what with my own shoes matching each other. A seriously wack-doodlie-doo, great time was had by all!! ***Check out Joyce's toe socks & flip flop combo, a sure sign of coming fashion attractions, seen first on the west side!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...