Friday, June 18, 2010

Giraffe Sign Language




"Tall giraffe....... makes me laugh. Brown and spotted....... polka-dotted. Happy lappy....... tongue so slappy." You just gotta love a cumulative song that's filled with this much phonetical fun. I have to admit when I wrote it and even when we recorded it, it had not yet dawned on me that we settled on the perfect speed for the lyrics to go ambling by -- in order for young ones to sign along. The drum beat that Tom Martin, my brilliant arranger designed is just hypnotic. (Someone used that descriptive term in my first written magazine review. Hmmmmm. I think it was in School Library Journal.)

Every now and then as we sing in call and response format, the back of my brain seeing the word hypnotic in print. It's funny what goes thru my brain as I present the same material for the umpteenth time. Then again, I'm easily entertained.

For example we are now in southern WI. Stuck again in road construction as we near Milwaukee. Seeing the road signs announcing: G and K just makes my heart skip a beat!! Wisconsin is a literal alphabet soup of letters to name their roads. Easily entertained. Previous summers I've photographed the various letters about the state and constructed little personalized collages for family members. We're back!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...