Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Imperfections & Aging




There are perfect daisies. Lots of them. I love capturing their gloriously radiant white petals against the crystal blue sky. I celebrate their perfection and their beauty. I adore the way they lift individual petals in the breeze as though winking at being admired. I visit with them as I capture their glory. Communing with them as the weeks pass, I see their journey unfold. After I've spent time photographing them it is as though we are on a first name basis.

At this time of year some of the 'early-birds' are passing-their-peak, the natural process of the season's progression. As part of my own "therapy" on interpreting beauty, I decided it's helpful for me to look closely at the wonders that have imperfections & irregularities, at those that are aging too. They have a different sense of beauty. Albeit a whole different tone. A sense of having lived life gloriously. Of having traveled well. Of having many stories to share. Maybe I should have entitled this entry: Survivors.

I must say that the one that brings a tear to my eye, is the first picture in this foursome. That is the flower, the soul that speaks to me currently, to my 'broken' and different body image. In the field surrounded by it's peers it is only the truly observant who would even notice the difference..... yet the difference is more than superficial, more than skin deep. I wonder if that flower feels inferior? Do daisies judge one another? Are they sensitive to the limitations of each other? Or do they celebrate a journey well lived? Do they have sufficient esteem to weather the unthinking remarks of the fortunate? Or do they whither at the slights? It would seem to me that this evidence suggests they continue to hold their heads high, still reaching toward the sun, no matter their outward appearance. I have much to learn & the daisies are so very patient with me. Excellent teachers.
"They are precious in His sight.........."

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...