Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vegas at the Venetian!!









VaVaVaVoooooom. This is a first. Seriously. This is seriously a first. This is not my first time to Vegas, but this IS my first time at the Venetian and my first time in a suite of this magnificence. I knew that we were going to be treated as royalty, because that tidbit was leaked in the ZB memo, but seriously folks this is a whole new stratosphere for me!!!! I have my own fax machine & copier!!! My suite has three flat screen TVs!! I lost track counting the telephones. Don't even get me started about the mini-bar. My living room could easily seat a dozen of my best buds..... and one could be sending faxes hither and yonder whilst another dole out exotic imports from the mini-fridge.

I called my mom to gush over this amazingly, astonishingly, delightfully lap-of-luxury-like setting and we both cackled and guffawed over my humble, midwest, down home charms being treated to this swank environment. I can't even believe that I'm here on my own. I couldn't talk Allen into coming along. He would rather golf all week on our delightful Door than feel the scorching 111 degrees being predicted here. When I called Sarah she was chagrin about only making it as far as Pittsburgh with me. Alas.

So I just had to call my mom back after room service brought my evening's delight, because in my efforts to adjust the room temperature, I instead stumbled upon the remote that controls my Roman Shades and the room curtains!!!!!! This is seriously a first!!! I've never had a remote for operating the window coverings. I could play with that for the rest of the evening!!!! If I remember, I'll take pictures of my window-remote and post them later. (I'd already downloaded these pics.... you'll just have to trust me.)

The porter who brought my suitcases mentioned that there are 32 restaurants on the Venetian property and a total of 7000 rooms! You wouldn't believe the map. I'd mentioned being lost and he said that happens to the best. I plan to drop bread crumbs for the first couple of days, till I sort out where I belong. Did I mention that I will be staying here for four nights?? Pinch me. The conference starts tomorrow. Hopefully my mouth will stop gaping open by then! Bring on those kindergarten teachers!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wowzers Faithie!!!! Let them treat you as the Queen that you are! The only thing that would make your stay better is if DH was with you:).........or ME.......LOL. Thinking of you this week....sending you warm hugs and prayers too!!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...