Sunday, September 5, 2010

Almost-a-Book Launch Party





There is such amazing power in women, and in a gathering of women that power is multiplied even further, exponentially. There's power in listening. There's power that comes from supporting each other. There's power in encouragement. There's power in mentoring. There's power in enthusiasm.

Tuesday there were several of us gathered after yoga at Base Camp Coffee for nourishment & yakking. I hardly had any voice -- due to my all-day training/singing/talking of the day before in Waukegon. So they asked what that was all about...... which led me to attempt to explain what it is that I "do." (Which is not particularly easy to summarize. LOL.) Eventually I told them about my books, from my earlier songs. Which led the conversation onward to my new & up & coming release. Blink your eyes three times and everyone wants to see the art files, blink a couple more times and Cindy has insisted that we get together to celebrate in their home.

Next came a flurry of emails being sent, yoga peeps, book club peeps, and before you know it we're heading out Garrett Bay road -- out further than I even knew the peninsula extended. Her doorbell's ringing and suddenly the room is bubbling with energy. We visited. We introduced ourselves to one another. We laughed. We shared. Then it was officially my "Show and Tell" time. I had my laptop hooked up to my LCD projector and we projected my newest efforts onto a sheet held in place with duct tape. We then sang & signed together.

Just as we finished singing the lyrics for "Red, White and Blue"...... Norma exclaimed that an eagle had just 'flashed' us with a fly-by and she declared the sighting a blessing and good omen. We squealed in unison!!!! Then we all hovered close to my laptop, to see the art in full color on it's screen. [All of the finished quilts are in Ohio, so they had to use their imagination as I answered questions about their size and specific quilting techniques that I used. ***Note to self, have quilts along for next gathering.]


Before you know it, my Sharpie-marker was getting a work out, as I personalized my first two books going to beloved children from hither to yon.

So awesome, to have the support and encouragement of such a circle of woman. We then had a few moments to do some further brainstorming about what comes next. Door County here I come!! Watch out next summer. Watch out Tupperware. It may be time to start going door-to-door and giving "grandma-parties" where ever I can locate a group of such willing hearts. A special thank you to Cindy for launching the entire event and to her husband Dan who joined in the chatter & fun. It all started in your eagle's nest of an open heart.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...