Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Giving My Regards!!!







Start spreading the news!!! We left Hotel Hollister before our inn-keepers were awake, stealing away stealthfully in the dark of early morning, wondering just how long it would take us to get to the BIG Apple?? We made our way north thru Baltimore and beyond to Delaware. Our first rest stop included seeing the flags at half staff..... which was such an amazing synchronicity -- in that we were bound into NYC to share my tribute to 9-11 picture book, "Red, White and Blue." As soon as we were pulling away from the rest stop I was googling on my laptop to see what the occasion was to merit the half-mast tribute. The lowered flags were a tribute to Hazel Plant who served Delaware as a stateswoman dedicated to human rights. Seeing the pictures a week later, it still takes my breath away to have the flags lowered as we were driving into the city.

Before you know it we were IN Lincoln Tunnel and popping out on 42nd Street with McDonalds all up in lights, the sky scrapers up in the gray clouds and with a quick turn past the United Nations building we landed safely at our destination! Three cheers for Gertie-the-GPS and Allen my wheel man. I would never undertake such an adventure without him behind the wheel. The one way streets, caravan of taxis and the honking horns are amazing, even from the passenger's vantage point. YEAH team!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...