Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Reggio Audience












My minutes to tour the Reggio center were so limited, because just about as soon as I walked into their building, it was nearly time for my performance with the big kids!!! Thank goodness we got ourselves 'found' in the nick of time. That first picture shows my two Vicenza native-Italian-speaking 'translators' who are standing at the ready, for when my charades need some sort of explanation for the children...... for the most part, in fact the vast majority of our time together, they happily followed along, doing whatever I demonstrated!!! My nonsense act with my floogle woogle buggle needed no translation what-so-ever. Humor translates across the cultures, around the world. I understood their laughter and they understood my nonsense. Wave your hands over your head hardly needs translation either. Smiles? They come in all sizes and all languages. Which just goes to show you -- language is no barrier between children & performer, when music & movement are at the heart of the time together. "Everybody, all together, now!!" Grazie!!!! Prego!!!!


My two words of Italian used most frequently?? Grazie: thank you. Prego: you're welcome. Actually the word 'prego' seemed used in all sorts of formats, as in 'prego' you're welcome to give me your gelatto order now, you're welcome to begin. I will never look at a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce in the same way again. The word came in handy for all sorts of interactions.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...