Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sunset "Backsplash" of Color







People ask us why we love it up here in Door County. Here's the evidence that will help me explain. These are the evening clouds in the opposite direction of the sun setting over the water of the Sister Bay within the larger Green Bay. For all the evenings that I've walked the block down to our marina -- I don't know that I can ever remember seeing anything like this 'behind' my back as the sun was setting over the water -- off into the west. These shots are looking in each of the three other directions. Breath taking.

Sunset colors hues divine.
Master strokes brushed in sublime.
Fleeting awe, so rare so fine.
Captured quickly treasured time.
-- Debbie Clement

I don't know that I'm ready to take up poetry, but I was inspired by my all most 3rd grade neighbor's friend's niece who was kind enough to share her writing journal with me..... but that's a post for next week. Taking another look at these photos prompted me to weave some words in appreciation.

My blogging efforts are literally all over the map of late. I still have this backlog of all the end of the school year events to attempt to chronicle and yet I am pacing to share some of our summer-time fun as well. You'll just have to bear with me as I bounce back and forth a bit. Will I ever be synchronized with real time again?

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, fantastic colors.
    The greatest artist of all: Nature.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    You're welcome.
    Thought you might appreciate those!

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...