Monday, July 11, 2011

Vegas & the Venetian



Off across the country I head...... destination? VEGAS!!! It's hot, hot, hot. So that means it's time for the annual "I Teach Kindergarten" conference hosted by Staff Development for Educators.

The difference in my coming to Vegas, returning to the Venetian this summer and being here this time last year? In between ITK-'10 & ITK-'11 I've spent a weekend in VENICE!! Real, live no-kidding: Venice, Italy!!! It was just weeks ago that we were crossing the canal bridges and I was taking hundreds of photographs while falling in love with this earthly treasure. So now beyond adoring my remote control for the window coverings I have a MUCH greater appreciation for all of the architectural details and the amazing attention to detail in general for this fantastic Vegas structure.

I got in late last night. So here's what the sunset looked like out my airplane window as we came in closer & closer toward touchdown:


It may have been past my bedtime, but you know you're in Vegas when the Public Service Announcement for the local library system looks like this one. Viva Las Vegas, indeed!! I have two workshops to present and a book signing for Crystal Springs Books. Beyond those responsibilities you can find me in the Zaner-Bloser booth in the exhibit hall. Bring on those enthusiastic kindergarten teachers and let's take a rocket ship to reading together!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...