Sunday, July 22, 2012

Classroom Crashing: Word Walls

photo of: Word Walls in Elementary School: Sight Word Presentation on Bulletin Boards Round-up via RainbowsWithinReach

WELCOME!!! Welcome to my WONDERFUL WORD WALLS!!!!
You've probably arrived via Pinterest and this may very well be your first visit. I'm guessing you're starting to have that BTS (back-to-school) plethora of emotions. I hope that seeing all of these 'word walls' will jump start your passion for the students who await your energy and capability. 

One tidbit of introduction: I'm an Author-Illustrator of picture books making school visits around the country. These photos are from my travels. I'm so THRILLED to be able to share the excellence I see with the wider world. ENJOY!!! 

photo of: Word Wall in First Grade (printed words on color stock)

photo of: Kindergarten Word Wall

photo of: Word Wall Structure Awaits Words Being Added

photo of: Kindergarten Word Wall Bulletin Board Amid Calendar + Other Poster

photo of: "Star Words" Handwritten on Laminated colorful Templates from Word Wall Round-Up

photo of: Word Wall as Portion of Painted Mural, Using Student Names Initially

photo of: Sight Words Handwritten on Hand Template (from Word Wall Round Up)

photo of: Word Wall with Handwritten Words (from Word Wall Round UP)

photo of: Words of the Week Word Wall in Kindergarten (from Word Wall Round Up)

photo of: Word Wall Posters by Letter in Kindergarten (from RainbowsWithinReach Round-up of Word Walls)

photo of: Word Wall in Kindergarten Featuring Children's Names with Photo (from RainbowsWithinReach Round Up)

photo of: Index Card Word Wall (Handwritten) in VPK: Voluntary PreKindergarten

*Technically, I suppose this next one is more of an Anchor Chart that a Word Wall, but I felt it deserved to be show-cased in this Round Up of all things Sight Word. Also I have a hard time counting. There are more than 13 different ideas cataloged here. If we're talking technicalities. I think the initial image should say 15 Word Walls plus 2 Anchor Charts. What can I say? I just kept digging further and further into my photo files and I had already made the collage. Besides. I like the number 13!! 

photo of: First Grade Anchor Chart of Sight Words (from Word Wall Round Up by RainbowsWithinReach)

photo of: Word Work: Sight Words on Bulletin Board with Student Names + Photos on Word Wall

photo of: Word Wall with "Popcorn" Theme in Kindergarten (from Round-Up by RainbowsWithinReach on all things: Word Wall)

photo of: Word Wall with "Popcorn" Theme in Kindergarten (from Round-Up by RainbowsWithinReach on all things: Word Wall)

photo of: Anchor Chart of "Top Ten" Sight Words (Round-Up of all things Word-Wall by RainbowsWithinReach)

Kindergarten Word Wall via RainbowsWithinReach

Environmental Print on the Word Wall via RainbowsWithinReach

Sight Words on the Wall via RainbowsWithinReach

 Sight Words on the Wipe Off Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Kindergarten Word Wall from Word Wall RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach


Well folks there you have it! I hope that you've gotten some inspiration by looking over my shoulder. I go where I get invited and have my camera fully charged to capture the creativity I encounter. I LUV LUV LUV it when you pin from my articles. Pinterest is my number one source of traffic. It's a HUGE gesture of support when you pin directly from my article. Thanks for taking the 'pin-itiative' and sending ripples of invitations to the bigger world. 



I have several Keynotes across the country scheduled for this coming school year. First up ARKANSAS, then FLORIDA and TENNESSEE further off into the future. I share my songs and books with teachers from coast-to-coast. I have two events scheduled in TEXAS. So keep your eyes open for the polka-dotted smile! How do you get ready for the new year ahead? What do you do to prepare? 

So I fixed the pin-picture, since there are 24 ideas. LOL.


24 Sight Word Walls from Elementary School via RainbowsWithinReach



NOTE FROM THE FUTURE!
Two years from now I have an 'updated' edition of word walls. There are another 50 examples and this thing continues growing all the time. 

Word Walls & Environmental Print RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach


-- Debbie -- 



If you really are new here please put up your feet and make yourself at home. 
My top 10 list on the left side bar showcase my most popular posts. By far THE biggest Round-Up is the one I cultivated here on organization. 



My personal favorite on-going series is my Friday Fine Motor Leads to Fine Arts. It has the label
Fine Motor Friday. 

I've added this article to the linkie at 6th Grade All Stars.
[I'm NOT a classroom teacher, but I think all teachers should host a visiting Author-Illustrator in their classroom --in answer to Mrs. Crouse's questions!]


In the future this is added to Teacher to the Core's FIRST LINKY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...