Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter Village Showcase of Snow Covered Buildings

photo of: A Three Dimensional Snow Covered Village via RainbowsWithinReach
Gingerbread Village Created in the Elementary School ART Room 
Wait till you see this collection! 
Pinch yourself. 
This is the stuff of dreams.
Showcases filled to over-flowing with snow-covered buildings.
ENTIRE VILLAGES! 

photo of: Frothy Pink Snow Covered Winter Home at RainbowsWithinReach

I've made an Artist-in-the-Schools visit to Scioto Darby Elementary in Hilliard, Ohio, every year for probably about a decade or more at this point in time. It's a little bit like old home week. Familiar faces and hugs all around. I get to spend the entire day with the kindergarten classrooms of eager students. I have a lot of favorite places to visit -- and this one's at the top of my list. 

photo of: A Showcase of Winter Buildings via RainbowsWithinReach

It's so much FUN for me to return to schools and programs where I've been before. I know my way around. Literally. I know where things are. They know what I'm all about and have asked me back. 

I feel like Sally Fields. "They like me. They like me." 

But my favorite part? I tend to get invited back to programs and schools of EXCELLENCE and I can hardly wait to get there to see what's new and different since my last visit! I was just in this building at the very end of the school year and got to see the whole building in ART SHOW mode.... and now 6 months later? Holiday finery!  


photo of: Snow Covered Home for Christmas via RainbowsWithinReach


With every extra minute I have available to me I can run through the hallways and snap up pictures galore. These masterpieces have been designed and crafted under the amazing direction of the building's Art teacher, Mr. Harris. Each building is a delight, but massed together -- the effect is simply breath taking! The twinkle lights amid the buildings? INCREDIBLE!

photo of: A Snow Covered Village in School Showcase via RainbowsWithinReach

Photo of: A Home for Christmas via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: A Showcase of Snow Covered Village via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: A Happy Home for the Holidays via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: A Showcase of Snow Covered Homes for Christmas via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Art Project for Christmas: Snow Covered Home via RainbowsWithinReach

This collection is truly to be admired in its entirety and each one individually to be treasured. I decided that if I were to move in -- I'd select this orange and red little number with the wiggly stripes and swathed in the glorious garland. It seems the perfect choice for a DIVA such as myself. I'll ask the designer to add some polka dots upon my move-in. 


photo of: A Home Painted for a Kweezletown Diva at RainbowsWithinReach

What do you do when you run out of space in the showcases for all of your glorious buildings? You start hanging them on the bulletin boards -- of course! 

photo of: Winter Village House Project from Boxes via RainbowsWithinReach

As an old  former Elementary Art Teacher, I stand in awe of an 'accomplishment' of this magnitude. KUDOS to Mr. Harris for having directing each student's to create such an original contribution that adds to the sum total on display. If this were all that were involved -- I would award the man the highest medal possible. He didn't stop here, our Mr. Harris. He kept GOING! 


In addition to each student creating their three dimensional 'home-for-the-holiday' from upcycling a variety of boxes, he also directed each student to create a written account of their holiday season celebrations. These writings were on display under and around the showcases. (I seem to only have taken two pictures of these writings -- which showcase a photo of the student's 'house' and their explanation. Apparently I was just completely mesmerized by the structures themselves.)




I hope that you enjoy this incredible project via these several photographs. Standing there in person was simply amazing! Know that teachers the world over are directing students in amazing ways. You see that evidence here. Support the teachers nearest you in any way that you are able.

May this amazing project bring some sparkle, cheer and hope to your holiday weekend.  


-- Debbie -- 
Your sharing via pin, tweet, + or beyond will bring additional eyes to this excellence. Thank you for passing this onward. 

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...