Sunday, May 11, 2014

ARTS, Education & Inspiration Quotation Collection: Part 1 Creativity

ARTS + CREATIVITY Quote Collection (Part One) 

Quote Collection on the ARTS + Creativity: Debbie Clement Favorites

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMMY!

Today is the day where we celebrate all things mom! I am so fortunate to have my mom still at the helm -- directing my growth and cheering me ever onward. It gets trickier and trickier to come up with an appropriate 'gift' for mom with every passing year. What can hold all of my appreciation and gratitude? 

Truth be told, I found a glorious little something on my travels earlier this year. We were in radiant Sedona at one of my favorite Arts meccas. I purchased a small Ethiopian 'folk' hand-made cross from the Tlaquepaque gallery. Then somehow in the great snowbird migration of '14, I left it neatly wrapped up in FL and we are already north. AKKKKKKK. Fortunately my mom is the most patient of all moms. She is willing to wait for her physical gift to arrive, which will now take months. ARGGGGGGH. 


So what can I do to honor my mom for the wider world? Then it came to me! I have been working feverishly on creating a collection of my favorite quotes. The whole project has grown and grown and taken on a life of its own! I then decided it had gotten too unwieldy for one installment..... so I have subdivided my quote collection into four parts. The first to 'air' today is in honor of my mom the wordsmith, the creative one, the one who has always inspired me. 

These quotes will all be brought to you through the slick format of 'Slideshare.' I'm so delighted with the additional reach that comes in that format. I'll share my favorites as images within today's article. To see the other forty creative quotes you'll need to venture off to Slideshare.

Anyhow. Back to the collection. I asked my mom {that would be Anita for the rest of you} to come up with a pithy, bumper sticker-like statement/sentiment with her thoughts on creativity and the arts. Here are her words. I have immortalized them with the happy collage I created earlier from all manner of brick-a-brac and polka-dots. The full collage hangs inside our front door in FL. In real life the collage is BIG! Fun to see it miniaturized with mom's quote

"Seek beauty & Create beauty" quotation from Debbie Clement collection

Now you see why there is so much to appreciate about my mom! Her 'quotation' says it all! As you seek beauty in the world..... you, personally are indeed rewarded. Which is a good thing. Many people lead a life of introspection and no doubt they are indeed rewarded by their search. BUT. Mom goes on from there and encourages each of us to be creative in our own way..... because that is where all of humanity receives the reward. TRUE. TRUE. TRUE!!!

And now I have mom's insight immortalized! I know that's the way she thinks, but this was such a good exercise for the two of us to complete. Together. YEAH MOM!!! 

[BTW: I have just placed an order with Shutterfly, for them to make your sentiment into magnets for us! I got a full set. One for your fridge. I want one for my studio and one for each of our girls, too! A two-generation magnet. Team work! YEAH! Be on the look out for the orange box to arrive. You can 'save' the extras till we come back through.] 

Now. Back to creativity and the rest of the quotation collection. Since we're thinking Mother's Day, I want to point out this next one as well. YUP. That's MOI! ME! In all of my glory. Mom thinks I'm about 2 AND A HALF in that frozen-for-EVER smile. Squinting down the bright day. Dressed up in finery. Wearing ALL of mommy's grand accessories of the time. No less than Shakespeare for the quotation. Here's the evidence that I've been dressing up and "on stage" for as long as I can remember! Thank you mom. Thank you Shakespeare. Thank you opportunity to dress up. To pretend. And most importantly for believing in me sufficiently, so that I could grow into your shoes, mom! 

"All the world's a stage." Collection of Arts Quotations at RainbowsWithinReach

This one may well be my next favorite of the group. 
Those of you that know me, know how much I LUV me my daisies. 
Did you know I made a five minute movie from my daisy photos? 
Treat yourself to watching it, if you're looking for some introspective minutes. 


After the daisy, my next fave, in both sentiment and image 
is this next beauty. 
I took all the action shots of the various art media during our annual Plein Air festival week up north. These colors awaiting their application are already glorious. 

The idea of jumping in and then figuring out the 'mistakes' and deciding what to 'keep' is the bumper sticker sentiment of my entire career! 

Creativity/ARTS quotation collection from Debbie Clement

I first remember reading Saint-Exupery during late elementary school when I started taking French. 
Whenever I see one of his thoughts 
I am transported to those chalk-dust-smelling days of yore.
I took the photo in Milan, Italy during my incredible European tour to four of our US Army bases. Singing to the children of our troops stationed abroad is one of my professional highlights for certain! 


Creativity/ARTS quotation collection from Debbie Clement

Harvest. Planted seeds coming to fruition. 
Amazing colors and shapes. 
Enough said. 


No collection of quotes on creativity would be complete without Maya Angelou. 



Mom. I hope that you have some glimmer anew of my appreciation and gratitude for all that you have done to nurture within me a zest for life, for contribution, for creativity. I hope that this collection honors you for your steadfast support of me through the decades. 




Here is the ENTIRE first part of CREATIVITY QUOTATIONS! 
There are over 50 quotes at last count. 
See them ALL in the Slideshare format! 
Look for the little arrows below the collage image. 
Advance by clicking the forward button. 



P.S. Mom. I couldn't imagine why WonderBoy's backpack was soooooooooooo heavy. 
Then I opened it up!
Look what he has taken to carrying back and forth, and forth and back to school these days. 
The bird song book has held together more or less for all of these years. 
It is something that he obviously still treasures! 


Now here's an image to pin. 
I am grateful for all of my readers who take the time to pin. 
That's how people 'discover' me. 
Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...