Saturday, February 14, 2015

Praise Report: Update Part 2


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU 

It is amazing that when you pour out your heart and ask for prayers and support... that is exactly what happens. Prayers and support materialize. 

The sentiments and actions of encouragement just continue to pour in -- from folks I haven't heard from in ages and from dear ones near and far and from folks brand-spankin' new to me. What a blessing to have lived a life of contribution to others, and then to ask for help and have the village respond and respond with thunder. 

The HUGE news of this week? 

The WonderPeeps: Just another day in paradise! GeeGee sends you love and memories!

Teachers. You have someone's WonderPeeps in your classroom. I know because I've heard from their grannies, nanas, Nans et. al. en mass. There are oh-so-so many children living under numerous roofs. In the midst of memorizing math facts the peeps-at-large, now must remember which night it is, sitting there in the afternoon trying to remember which bed they'll sleep in that night. They have different algorithms to conquer.  

Teachers. You are their constancy in the new storm. Your routines stay predictable while others are being determined and still others discussed. Your smile shines EVERY day. Your wink and shiny sticker is available morning and afternoon alike! 

Quote: The role of teachers in the lives of students via RainbowsWithinReach
I've had this slide in my PowerPoint presentation for years and years. NOW it means something even more critical and certainly more personal. 

Teachers. I ask you to dig a little deeper on Monday. I know your coffee spilled and your desk is flooded with memos of change, but your calling has you on the front line for my peeps -- all of my peeps. That places you in an even more critical role this month, even more critical than last. You are reassurance, support and encouragement -- all rolled into one package. Math facts, care, a listening ear, empathy and constancy.

Teachers. This has also been the month when for other families absolute tragedy has struck. There are indeed families in my immediate circle of influence who will forever have an empty spot at the dinner table with a beloved parent now sporting angel wings. Life on Planet Earth is fraught with loss. Your teaching in the midst of their 'new normal' is massive indeed. At times of the unthinkable the routine of school is a reminder to continue to put one foot in front of the other. We pray for each other. I for you. You for me. Us for them. The 'new normal' means something different in every case, but teachers you stand at the chalkboard, the smartboard of continuity and care of each wonder.

Did I say thank you? 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! Thank YOU! 

To tell you the truth, I don't know what comes next in this whole process of ours. And the people said AMEN! 

That much is spelled out quite specifically, but beyond that I am uncertain. Which reminds me of my favorite quote from Pastor Tom, in nearly every sermon he led the quotation attributed by my Google search to Homer. Those of us in the pews, in the congregation completed the thought by supplying the final four words. 

Quotation: I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the FUTURE!

I hadn't thought of that gem in years. Yet. there it was stored away in both my head and my heart for just such a chapter as this unexpected one unfolding. That my friends is the beauty of repetition. Pastor Tom didn't include this gem in one amazing sermon. It was his gift and legacy to me personally that he repeated it week after week. It is part of me. Part of my fabric. My quilt. The fabric of me.

 "I know not what the FUTURE holds.... But I know WHO holds the FUTURE." -- Homer

What a Valentine's Day present.


Through the coaching of my own little saint, I have been encouraged to be grateful for each new development as though it is indeed direct from heaven. I have been coached to pray for calm to envelope every participant in this story. That is my prayer. To show gratitude for every development as it presents itself and to pray for calm to wash over every one of the major characters. 

Eons from now. We can look back and say, "Why yes. Remember back in 2015? Those were the days. Look how Heaven has worked out every detail in PERFECT timing." I want to live long enough to see the miracles unfold. 

Other specific news for this week's praise report: 

This is the week that I got the email that I will be presenting at this summer's Frogsteet SPLASH! What perfect timing! I had forgotten to submit a proposal. They were all full. They have found a slot of me after all! HALLELUJAH! this is HUGE! 

Plus I will be a blogging ambassador for them and introduced from the BIG stage. Plus I will give a 'getting-psyched' WEBINAR ahead of time (invitation sent to 80K teachers!) God is good: all the time. ALL the time: God is good. 

This is the week that I received an email from a CA school district that they want to purchase EIGHT 'adult' Wobble Seats! This has never, ever happened before BTW. Just in case anyone wonders. Thank you heaven for reaching into our story and making a difference, *N*O*W*!!!!! 

This is the week that more people ordered more of my materials. They've thought about it for ages. And our need prompted their action. This is the week that my blogging friends sent messages of the most amazing type. Brought me to my knees. For Realz! My cyber/real-life friends have stepped up in ways I never imagined. You know who you are! You know what you've done. So does heaven. Seems I'm spending lots of time on my knees these days. 

This is the week when teachers I have yet to meet left me FB messages such as this one. I can't begin to tell you how much learning your favorite scripture passages for the hard times means to me. The Psalms are such a refuge in times of challenge. 

Joanne Emmons's photo.

My dear mom will always be remembered as my biggest supporter, comforter and protector. You are that for your daughter and grandkids and I know she must be so thankful to have such a wonderful mom who would do anything for her. I have a picture of a hen with chicks under her wings that my mom had hanging in her kitchen. This represents such a special picture of her love for me, but also my God's love for me. Bless you and your family. May you be comforted in knowing that we are protected in more ways that we can ever imagine. Psalms 91:1-4 ~ "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler."

I behaved myself and didn't take any photos at the concert. Click this official one to go to his site!

This is the week that we went to hear Harry Connick Jr in concert with some dear new friends. We'd purchased our tickets eons ago and have been looking forward to it for the whole season. You haven't lived until you've heard him lead a sold out auditorium, full of music-lovers in his own unique rendition of "How Great Thou Art." Literally, the entire auditorium rose to their feet to join the singing. Crocodile tears. I went to sleep 'easily' humming it to myself. What an incredible hymn, presented in an amazing manner. What talent. What a message. Witness. HOW GREAT THOU ART! Highlight of the winter season. This week. You do the math. 


One final sign-off. I have arrived safely in Austin, TX. Everything possible went according to plan today. Each jot and tidbit went according to plan. What a blessing. My digs for the FULL week ahead {MY FIRST EVER WEEK LONG AUTHOR RESIDENCY IN THIS MY 19th YEAR} has a fitness center! I walked my 12K steps today. My fitbit is keeping me accountable and tethered.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  

2 comments:

  1. So so SOOOOO happy to read this wonderful report! Thanking God for His speedy answer in this critical time.
    And thank you for the reminder of our ever-important job, remembering that each child, no matter how small, has a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm adult wobble seats, amazing what can happen. Sending prayers of future gratitude for what He will do next.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...